Furniture Medic by Bespoke Restoration shares ways to restore furniture damaged by pets!
Pets are part of the family in many homes, but they are often the unruly members of the family. For them, furniture is a big toy, and the words “expensive” or “antique” are not relevant. If you have furniture that has fallen victim to Fido, there are ways to attack the damage.
The experts at Furniture Medic have a few suggestions for bringing pet-damaged pieces back to life:
- Pet stains can often be moved with upholstery cleaner.
- Do a test for colorfastness in a hidden area before treating the stain.
- Minor scratches without color loss can usually be repaired without refinishing.
- When dealing with major pet damage like chewed corners, there are four steps to follow:
1. Fill the damaged area
2. Apply color
3. Replace graining
4. Replace the finish
- The original wood in the damaged area cannot be replaced, but using the above tips can make a piece functional again and esthetically pleasing. If your furniture needs more extensive care, call Furniture Medic.
Furniture Medic has the experience and equipment to handle all types of furniture needs, including restoration of damaged pieces. Founded in 1992, Furniture Medic has more than 250 franchise locations across the United States, Canada and Europe. Furniture Medic is part of the ServiceMaster Family of Brands network which is headquartered in Memphis, Tenn., and includes nine market-leading companies that provide a wide range of residential and commercial services.
For more information on mobile furniture repair and restoration call us at 505-321-1033.