The Experts at Furniture Medic Share Helpful Hints
Some cleaning jobs are simple. If the floor is dirty, sweep it. If the laundry is dirty, wash it. But furniture care is a bit more complex. The experts at Furniture Medic have some helpful hints that will help you care for all the furniture in your home.
With upholstered furniture, the real tip is frequent vacuuming using an upholstery or brush attachment. But for more stubborn stains, you can:
- Clean washable fabrics after testing for color fastness in a hidden spot. The tag may indicate “W’ for water cleaning or “S” for solvent cleaning. Do not use water on furniture that needs a solvent.
- For water-washable fabrics, use a solution of 1/4 cup of high-suds laundry detergent with one quart of warm water, mixed in a blender. Apply just the suds with a medium-bristled brush and then use a wet towel to go over the whole upholstered surface. When the surface is dry, vacuum up any remaining dirt.
Metal furniture is tough, but it still needs to be cleaned to make it shine. Here’s how:
- Make a paste with 1/4 cup cream of tartar and baking soda, and then add 2 tablespoons of powdered laundry detergent. Cover scratches with a permanent black marker.
And, don’t forget your wicker furniture:
- It can be cleaned with warm soapy water and then rinsed with salt water.
- To keep wicker from yellowing, scrub with a stiff brush moistened with warm salt water.
- To clean dust and dirt out of those hard-to-reach places, use a soft paintbrush.
Use these handy tips to keep your furniture beautiful. If you find yourself with more severe problems, such as water or fire damage, or in a situation beyond do-it-yourself tactics, contact the experts at Furniture Medic. Furniture Medic’s professionally trained staff has the knowledge and products needed to bring your furniture back to life.
For more information on mobile furniture repair and restoration, visit the Furniture Medic by Bespoke Restoration website at www.fmbespokerestoration.comor call (505)-321-1033.
Looking for a great place to have your damaged furniture fixed in Albuquerque, New Mexico? You have found the right place! Furniture Medic can take care of all of your furniture and damaged wood needs!